TP-Link TL-SG2008P Smart Managed Desktop 8 Port Gigabit Switch
The TP-Link TL-SG2008P JetStream 8-Port Smart Managed Desktop Gigabit PoE+ Switch is fully compatible with PoE devices, such as IP cameras, access points, and IP phones. It also works with non-PoE wired devices to provide Gigabit connections, such as PCs, printers, and IPTV.
Easy to Deploy and Manage!
Your TL-SG2008P is fully provisioned to our Omada SDN Cloud Controller prior to dispatch, so you simply connect it to your network via an Ethernet cable and away you go! Omada SDN is the revolutionary cloud management system that combines enterprise performance, scalability, and a central management controller. Adding Switches is simple! Just purchase any of the Omada SDN Switches and they will be dispatched ready to join your network. With TP-Link’s Omada SDN user management, you can see exactly who is on the network and the location of connected devices on your WiFi network. You can monitor user bandwidth and block users if required.
Benefits of our hassle-free, Omada SDN Cloud Hosting Service
- Three (3) years free Omada SDN Cloud Hosting service with broadbandbuyer.
- Zero-touch, pre-provisioned devices when you receive them. A true plug-and-go installation!
- Remotely manage multiple devices and sites from one easy-to-use interface.
- Install the Omada app on your phone for monitoring and managing your network
- Omada SDN separates network management data from user data, with no user traffic passing through the cloud.
- Multi-person management, multi-level permissions, and the ability to add admins as needed
- Quickly see and troubleshoot connections at a glance.
- Free, dedicated UK technical support (9am-5pm Mon to Fri).
- Tailor the configuration of your devices to your business’s needs.
- Monitor your network’s statistics.
- Without the need for your own controller, save on IT resources.
- Not bound by a contract, you can choose to migrate your devices from our cloud controller at any time.
- Email alerting of faults and problems.
… and by managing this switch on our Omada SDN Cloud Hosting Service:
- Access Network settings per port
- Configure Operation mode (switching, mirroring, or aggregate) per port
- Network/VLAN Configuration
- Access Jumbo frame and flow control services
- View status info for each port: Connection speed & duplex mode; TX/RX data rates; Network/VLAN settings
- View the status of a single switch or all switches on the network
- Get detailed information on port
- Receive notifications and alerts if a port unexpectedly goes offline
- Make remote config’ changes to your Omada Switch from your PC, tablet or phone
- For PoE-capable switches, access PoE settings, status and power usage
At the end of the 3-years, we will contact you to ask if you would like to continue to use our cloud service and hosting, from as little as £1.10 per device. (The more devices you have with us, the less the unit price). Alternatively, you can choose to manage the devices yourself with your own controller. For more information, please give our sales team a call on 01908 760795.
- Note: The licence pertains to each device, rather than your site. Therefore, devices purchased at different times will have different expiry dates in line with their purchase date. Where you have multiple devices, we can work with you to keep your renewals simple.
Key Product Features
- Full Gigabit Ports: Four (4) Gigabit PoE+ ports and four (4) Gigabit non-PoE ports provide high-speed connections.
- 62 W PoE Budget: Four (4) 802.3at/af-compliant PoE+ ports with a total power supply of 62 W.
- Robust Security Strategies: IP-MAC-Port Binding, ACL, Port Security, DoS Defend, Storm control, DHCP Snooping, 802.1X, Radius Authentication, and more.
- Optimise Voice and Video Applications: L2/L3/L4 QoS and IGMP snooping.
Power over Ethernet
Featuring four (4) 802.3af/at compliant PoE+ ports, the switch supports up to 62 W total PoE power budget. Designed to use a single Ethernet cable for both data and power transmission, it offers flexible deployment for PoE-supported devices such as wireless access points, IP cameras, and IP phones, lowering infrastructure costs for small businesses.
- Access Control List (ACL)
ACL serves as a virtual admin, allowing all connected devices to obtain data in accordance with user-defined network rules and help you create the network regulations you need.
- QoS for Lag-Free Experience
Designate the priority of traffic based on QoS, ensuring latency sensitive applications like voice and video, remain clear and lag-free.
- VLAN for Security
Use VLAN to achieve logical grouping management of devices in different physical LANs, improve information security, and reduce data congestion.
Standard Warranty: Limited Lifetime