The Ubiquiti NBE-5AC-Gen2 NanoBeam AC Outdoor 5GHz 19dBi WiFi Point-to-Point Link is the latest in a generation of airMAX and is designed to integrate a separate WiFi radio for fast and easy setup using a mobile device. The Ubiquiti NBE-5AC-Gen2 NanoBeam features a multi-radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine, the most advanced in the industry and includes next-generation airMAX ac technology to boost the advantages of the proprietary TDMA protocol.
- Providing high throughout and innovative form factor for versatile deployment.
- Supports up to 450+ Mbps throughput – triple the throughput of standard airMAX.
- Intelligent QoS to allow priority assignment to voice/video for seamless streaming.
- UMobile app provides instant accessibility to the airOS configuration interface.
- Integrates separate WiFi radio for fast and easy setup using mobile device.
- Diagnostic tools including RF diagnostics and airView spectrum analyser.
- Quick installation with no fasteners are required for pole-mounting.
- Next-generation airMAX ac technology designed to boost advantages of TDMA protocol.
- Versatile mounting to allow for placement in almost any position needed for line of sight.
Improved Noise Immunity
The Ubiquiti NBE-5AC-Gen2 NanoBeam directs RF energy in a tighter beamwidth. With the focus in one direction, the NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 blocks or spatially filters out noise, so noise immunity is improved. This feature is especially important in an area crowded with other RF signals of the same or similar frequency.
airOS 8 software
Sporting an all-new design for improved usability, airOS v8 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti airMAX ac products and includes the following powerful wireless features:
- Access Point PtMP airMAX Mixed Mode.
- airMAX ac Protocol Support.
- Long-Range Point-to-Point (PtP) Link Mode.
- Selectable Channel Width.
- PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz.
- PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz.
- Automatic Channel Selection.
- Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual.
- Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing).
- Strongest WPA2 Security.
Advanced RF Analytics
The Ubiquiti NBE-5AC-Gen2 NanoBeam feature a multi -radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine. An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently analyses the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
airView allows you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimise noise interference. airView performs the following functions:
- Constantly monitors environmental noise.
- Collects energy data points in real-time spectral views.
- Helps optimise channel selection, network design, and wireless performance.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data: waveform, waterfall, and ambient noise level. airView provides powerful spectrum analyser functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
Accessing airOS via WiFi
The Ubiquiti NBE-5AC-Gen2 NanoBeam integrates a separate Wi-Fi radio for fast and easy setup using your mobile device. The UMobile App provides instant accessibility to the airOS configuration interface and can be downloaded from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android). UMobile allows you to set up, configure, and manage the Ubiquiti NBE-5AC-Gen2 NanoBeam and offers various configuration options once you’re connected or logged in.
Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller. This time slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximises airtime efficiency, so airMAX technology provides performance improvements in latency, noise immunity, scalability, and throughput compared to other outdoor systems in its class.
The next-generation airMAX ac technology boosts the advantages of our proprietary TDMA protocol. Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine with custom IC dramatically improves TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicon provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
airMAX ac supports high data rates, which require dense modulation: 256QAM – a significant increase from 64QAM, which is used in airMAX. With their use of proprietary airMAX ac technology, airMAX ac products supports up to 450+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput – up to triple the throughput of standard airMAX products.
Dimensions (Mount Included)
- 189 x 189 x 125 mm (7.44 x 7.44 x 4.92″)
Weight (Mount Included)
- 24V, 0.5A Gigabit PoE Adapter (Included)
Max. Power Consumption
- Two (2) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports
- Wi-Fi for Management
- Atheros MIPS 74Kc, 720 MHz
- Power, Ethernet, (4) Signal Strength
Signal Strength LEDs
- Software-Adjustable to Correspond to Custom RSSI Levels
- Outdoor UV Stabilized Plastic
- Pole-Mount (Kit Included), Wall-Mount
- 45.4 N @ 200 km/h (10.2 lbf @ 125 mph)
- Wind Survivability 200 km/h (125 mph)
- Air: ± 24 kV, Contact: ± 24 kV
- -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176° F)
Salt Fog Test
- IEC 68-2-11 (ASTM B117), Equivalent: MIL-STD-810 G Method 509.5
Temperature Shock Test
- IEC 68-2-5 at 40° C (104° F), Equivalent: ETS 300 019-1-4
Wind-Driven Rain Test
- ETS 300 019-1-4, Equivalent: MIL-STD-810 G Method 506.5
Operating Frequency (MHz)
Management Radio (MHz)
- 1 x Ubiquiti NBE-5AC-Gen2
- 1 x Ball Joint Mount
- 1 x Lock Ring
- 1 x Metal Strap
- 1 x Gigabit PoE (24V, 0.5A) with Mounting Bracket
- 1 x Power Cord
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
Standard warranty: 1-year